PLEASE NOTE: This article refers to the boat that is named Midway, not Midway Games, the company that had developed the original Hydro Thunder.
Midway is an Easy-level boat that is exclusive to the original Hydro Thunder.
Official Description (Hydro Thunder)Edit
Very stable and not susceptible to being knocked around by other boats, Midway is another good choice for the beginning racer. Midway¹s weaknesses are its slow booster and Mighty Hull activation times.
As indicated by the above description provided by the manual of the home console releases of the game, Midway is not too easily knocked around by some of the other boats. Its acceleration and speed figures are relatively average, befitting of an Easy-level boat like Midway, and the output of its booster is fairly weak, along with the Mighty Hull activation time being somewhat lengthy. In addition, the time it takes for the booster modules to deploy is fairly long, approximately 3 seconds. On the plus side, it has good handling characteristics.
- In Hydro Thunder Hurricane and Hydro Thunder GO, it is replaced by Vector.
- It is named after Midway Games, the company that created the original game.
- The red stylized 'M' on the hull resembles the one seen on the fictional Mach 5 racing car from the classic Japanese cartoon series, Speed Racer.
- The boat's Browning V-Drive engine is named after Eric Browning, the lead artist on the team that developed the original game.
- Razorback is also a Sportsman Class boat, particularly a Sportsman S Class.
- Midway is the only one of the nine main boats in the original game to have less than 1000 horsepower.